FIRST TIME TIPS
Exploring houses new or old with the possibility of finding hidden treasures around every corner is a thrill like no other. In a world full of big box retail stores and online shopping, navigating the unique world of estate sales can be tricky. Here’s some advice to help novice estate sale shoppers buy better and enjoy the experience more.
Schedule your calendar with the dates and addresses of all the Estate Pros estate sales you don’t want to miss. Sign up for all of our sale notifications today: Estate Pros Newsletter
Browse the Sale Online
All the Estate Pros estate sale listings include pictures of the items for sale. You can often screen in advance for quality goods that you might purchase.
Be an Early Bird
Try to arrive at least thirty minutes before the specified estate sale start time. Your goal is to get in with the first group of shoppers to have the first opportunity at the best selection of items for sale. Estate Pros estate sale locations will provide a sign up sheet an hour in advance of opening to reserve your place in line.
Follow Posted Guidelines
Please be mindful of any requested shopper guidelines including the wearing of shoe covers or removal of shoes to enter, etc.
Be Prepared for Payment and Pick Up
Always inquire about payment terms before making a big purchase. The Estate Pros accept cash, credit and debit. Some locations also accept Zelle, Venmo, Cash App, etc.
Most Estate Pros locations will set aside bulky items like furniture and allow you to return for them on the same day or the following day. Double-check the pick-up policy before making the final payments.
Prioritize Your Needs
The Estate Pros want you to be happy with your purchases! Don’t just buy something to buy it. Have a few items in mind that you can’t pass up. It will help you to focus your search.
Be ready to Search
The perfect item could be hiding where you wouldn’t expect to find it. Be prepared to search display tables and shelving, or in remote corners of the sale for finds that other shoppers may have overlooked.
Politeness is always appreciated. If another shopper is looking at or handling a piece of merchandise, please keep your distance until they pass on it.
Always measure! If you have a specific space to fill, keep the dimensions of that space handy and carry a small measuring tape to confirm that it will fit your space.
Inspect Your Items
All Estate Pros sales are final — no returns or refunds. We kindly ask that you check and/or test all items for condition issues or functionality before purchasing.
Garages, Outdoors, Etc
The Estate Pros are known for their amazing sales which often include items in garages, backyards, barns, etc. Don’t skip these areas!
Avoid Off-limit Areas
The Estate Pros estate sales are usually staged throughout an entire house. Private areas are often blocked or cordoned off. Please respect the privacy and boundaries or our homeowners. We sincerely appreciate it!
Make an offer, you might get lucky! The Estate Pros estate sales often have items that are negotiable in price.
Don’t Skip the Last Day
The last day of the sale is usually “everything-must-go” time. Anything that doesn’t sell will be donated or hauled away, so prices are usually discounted — sometimes as much as 50% off!
Don’t be Overwhelmed by the Crowd
The Estate Pros estate sale crowds vary in size. Take your time and browse through everything. Your chance of finding a deal is as good as any of the other shoppers in attendance.
The Estate Pros usually offer porter and/or moving options for large items but you should always consider bringing helpers just in case.
Prepare for the Elements
Estate sale shopping is an endurance sport. Dress for the weather, warm clothes in the winter, light clothing in the summer. Also, consider bringing a water bottle and possibly a snack to combat dietary needs.
Our homeowner may be liquidating the estate of a loved one who has just passed away or relocated to senior care. Many of the items in the sale may have deep emotional significance, please try and be sensitive of this fact as you browse. We appreciate your kindness!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY BUY FROM ESTATE SALES?
They are a great way to find one-of-a-kind vintage, antique and everyday items at amazingly discounted prices.
Plus, they are a heck of a lot of fun!
HOW CAN I FIND ESTATE SALES?
The best way to stay informed on all of our upcoming estate sales is to sign up for the Estate Pros Newsletter and we will send you weekly updates on all of our most exciting estate sales.
ARE ITEM PRICES NEGOTIABLE?
Most item sale prices are negotiable, you can always make an offer! In addition, the last day of our sales usually offer significant discounts on price.
Are There Any Guidelines To Shopping with The Estate Pros?
The Estate Pros kindly ask our shoppers to consider the following:
- All sales are final. No returns, refunds or exchanges. Please make sure to examine your items carefully before making your purchase. We do not guarantee that electronics or any other items are in working condition, please test items before purchasing.
- Please do not place sold stickers on any items. These stickers will not be honored. You must receive a sold sticker from an Estate Pros staff member once a purchase price has been agreed-upon. At that point, you are committed to purchasing the item.
- If multiple parties are simultaneously interested in purchasing the same item, the item will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Buyers are responsible for removing purchased items, please bring help if necessary. We will assist when possible. We have professional movers if needed.
- If you break or damage an item you are responsible for the cost of the item.
- On-site item prices will not be disclosed prior to the beginning of the sale. No pre-sales are available unless otherwise noted.
- All sales are local unless otherwise noted. We do not ship items.
- Homeowners may elect, at their discretion, to remove any pictured/listed items without notice at any time prior to the beginning of the sale. Please check the sale listing the night before for an updated inventory.
- Doors will open at the published time, not before. Please do not knock on the door, trespass or loiter on the property. Please respect our homeowner’s privacy.
- Please obey all no parking & traffic signs. Please do not park in front of mailboxes, driveways or fire hydrants.
- The Estate Pros are not responsible for any personal and/or property injury that may occur in/on or around the sale property.
- Shoppers may have to wait in line outside to gain entry at any time during the course of the sale due to the large volume of attendees at our events. Please be aware of weather, etc. and prepare accordingly. We appreciate your patience!
- We do not honor any written lists or sale numbers as reservations for entry. The Estate Pros will provide a sign-up sheet approximately 1 hour prior to opening the sale. If the sign-up sheet is removed, a first come, first serve line will formed and honored.
What Our Clients are Saying